Beamforming Networks for antenna array, useful inWiFi applications
In this paper several types of beamforming networks have been presented, this proposal can be used for an array antenna, which are used in several types of WiFi applications, IEEE 802.11b/g/draft-n. The first design corresponds to a 4x4 Butler Matrix for a resonance frequency at 2.45 GHz, depending on the port through which the signal is excited, it will be possible to obtain several variations in phase at the output ports (45°, 135°, -45° and -135°), the proposed Butler matrix has been optimized from a generalized matrix scheme, reducing the size through a simple overlap of multiple transmission lines to l/4 at the central frequency. The second design corresponds to a Rotman lens with a characteristic resonance frequency of 5.8 GHz, with a maximum focal angle of 30°, for this design has been used geometric optics concept, and the last design has been made for a frequency of 5.8 GHz using a slot array designed with Substrate Integrated Waveguide technology.
- Abdelghani, L., Denidni, T., and Nedil, M. (2012b). Ultra-broadband 4x 4 compact Butler matrix using multilayer directional couplers and phase shifters. Paper presented at Microwave Symposium Digest (MTT), Retrieved from https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/861760/.
- Balanis, C.A. (2005). Antenna Theory, Analysis and Design, third edition. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.
- Bialkowski, M., Tsai, F., Su, Y., and Cheng, K. (2008). Design of fully integrated 4x4 and 8x8 Butler matrices in microstrip/slot technology for ultra wideband smart antennas. Paper presented at Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, IEEE, Retrieved from https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4619182/.
- Deslandes, D. and Wu, K. (2006). Accurate modeling, wave mechanisms, and design considerations of a substrate integrated waveguide. IEEE Transactions on microwave theory and techniques, 54 (6), 2516-2526.
- Farrall, A. and Young, P. (2004). Integrated waveguide slot antennas. Electronics Letters, 40 (16), 974-975.
- Hall, P. and Vetterlein, S. (1990). Review of radio frequency beamforming techniques for scanned and multiple beam antennas. Paper presented at IEE Proceedings H-Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Retrieved from https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/58833/.
- Hansen, R.C. (2009). Phased array antennas. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.
- Johnson, R.C. and Jasik, H. (1984). Antenna engineering handbook. USA: McGraw-Hill.
- Josefsson, L. and Persson, P. (2015). Conformal array antenna theory and design. In Chen, Z., editor, Handbook of Antenna Technologies, pp. 1-35. Singapore: Springer.
- Kholodniak, D., Kalinin, G., Vernoslova, E., and Vendik, I. (2000). Wideband 0-dB branch-line directional couplers. Paper presented at IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Retrieved from https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/861760/.
- Lo, Y. and Lee, S. (1988). Antenna Handbook: Theory, Applications, and Design. New York: Springer Science + Business Media.
- Moscoso-Mártir, A., Molina-Fernández, I., and Ortega-Moñux, A. (2014). Wideband slot-coupled butler matrix. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 24 (12), 848-850.
- Musa, L. and Smith, M. (1986). Microstrip rotman lens port design. Paper Presented at Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Retrieved from https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/1149578/.
- Musa, L. and Smith, M. (1989). Microstrip port design and sidewall absorption for printed Rotman lenses. Paper presented at IEE Proceedings H - Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Retrieved from https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/16619/.
- Nachouane, H., Najid, A., Tribak, A., and Riouch, F. (2014). Broadband 4x4 Butler matrix using wideband 90 hybrid couplers and crossovers for beamforming networks. Paper presented at International Conference on Multimedia Computing and Systems (ICMCS), Retrieved from https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/1149578/.
- Pozar, D.M. (2011). Microwave engineering. USA: John Wiley & Sons.
- Rausch, E.O. and Peterson, A.F. (2005). Rotman lens design issues. Paper presented at IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Retrieved from https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/1551928/.
- Rotman, W. and Turner, R. (1963). Wide-angle microwave lens for line source applications. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 11 (6), 623-632.